The Most Popular Big Data Service Provider: Oracle
According to Forbes, 95% of businesses report the need to manage unstructured data as an important issue for them. So it’s no surprise that the demand for quality Big Data professionals is so high, especially in the relevant area of expertise. But how to choose a Big Data service provider that fits your specific business needs and can become your strategic partner? Today we will introduce one of the most popular Big Data service providers today: Oracle.
What is Oracle?
Oracle is a multinational computer technology corporation that specializes in developing and marketing database software and technology, cloud-engineered systems, and enterprise software products- particularly its own brands of database management systems.
Oracle database software is used to manage information and support applications. It is designed to handle a wide range of workloads, including data warehousing, e-business, and transaction processing. The company also offers tools for database development, database management, and application development. Oracle has a long history in the technology industry, with its first database management system being released in 1979. Today, Oracle is a leading provider of database technology and is used by many businesses and organizations around the world.
History of the Oracle database
After learning what Oracle is, surely many people will wonder about the history of this administration system. How did Oracle become one of the biggest governance systems today? Oracle first appeared in 1979, based on the RDBMS platform. This management system is provided by Oracle Corp. This is a company that specializes in providing global databases.
Right from the early days of its launch, Oracle quickly became popular, leading the market in terms of sales. By 2016, Oracle accounted for 40.4% of global database software revenue, twice as much as its direct competitor Microsoft. After many years of development, Oracle Corp is thriving in the field of providing management systems. With many versions, Oracle is being used commonly in many units and companies, meeting the needs of many business models.
Big Data Service Provider: Oracle’s typical features
Oracle has many outstanding features, making it easy for users to use and manage data systems. This helps this Database system become popular and used by many businesses. Some typical features of Oracle Database can be mentioned:
Scalability and performance
Oracle is designed to ensure that information management system requirements are fully met, through a number of mechanisms such as:
- Maximize system data in case of multiple concurrent users.
- Make editing and reading data more consistent. In the event that a user is viewing the information, that information cannot be changed by anyone else. Only when that person has finished viewing the data or is no longer viewing the information that the information can be modified.
- Help improve performance by letting many people use the same system.
Backup and restore database
In the process of using the base system, it is inevitable that an error will occur. And when there is an error, users may face risks, including data loss. Oracle has helped to overcome this limitation through the ability to recover the database on demand by the user.
Oracle provides the Oracle Data Guard feature. This is a feature that enhances the availability of the database, helping to maintain the secondary database. Users will have 1 more replica, parallel to the main database. Therefore, during use, users can replace them when they need to failover.
Security is the outstanding feature that makes Oracle the system with the highest sales in the market. Oracle provides mechanisms to control access and use of data. Implementing authorization and editing user actions can prevent unauthorized access and allow users to access it exclusively.
Advantages and disadvantages of Oracle software
By leveraging Oracle’s data management platform, organizations can eliminate business limitations, time-consuming, repetitive administration, human error, and inefficient data warehouses. increase the overall cost. Let’s examine the advantages of Oracle products.
- Oracle uses a variety of methods to help improve user performance.
- Oracle allows many people to perform management on the same server.
- Built-in modes and triggers are highly accurate. This reduces the possibility of software failures and makes it easier to resolve issues that arise.
- Oracle not only supports rich SQL but also PL/SQL, as well as good command line tools that make change management simple and efficient.
- Oracle provides businesses with the ability to manage their database infrastructure without manual management, increasing operational efficiency and lowering costs. Oracle’s automated databases scale up to the max. up to three times the number of base CPU cores available without impacting availability or performance, and then scale back when resources are no longer needed.
- One of the most important considerations when choosing an Oracle database is the security features it provides. Oracle’s information security is considered superior to competitors.
- When working with other languages, the syntax in PL/SQL is not much and is easily changed.
- Cost is becoming an issue as competitors operate at lower prices in the market.
- Customer service is often slow to respond and is often unwilling to answer questions directly to resolve issues.
At this point, you can also know what Oracle is and have a deeper understanding of Oracle Database. It is one of the most popular Big Data service providers on the market today. We can conclude that Oracle is a powerful database server management software to cater to corporate organizations or individuals. It includes almost all the features needed to support modern applications and hence it is widely used. Hope this article has brought you new experiences and knowledge.